"THIS OPERATION IS HOT.
WE ARE A GO."
Welcome to JAMESPONTI.COM
Guidelines for Using My Books During Covid-19 Response
I am honored that a number of educators have reached out to me to ask permission to use my books online with their students as they transition to distance learning in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. As the husband of a high school teacher, I see first hand how difficult it is to continue your invaluable work at this time. I am more than happy to help!
First of all, I suggest visiting the Schools section of this website for reading group and curriculum guides as well as other helpful resources.
If you would like to livestream or post readings from my books online for your students, I ask that you agree to the following:
1. At the beginning of your video, please state that you are reading the book “with permission from James Ponti.”
2. Please post your reading within the confines of your school, library, or another closed group with access limited to your students. If this is not possible, you may post it through a public platform, such as YouTube.
3. Since this is a way to deal with the current extraordinary situation, your video should be deleted or access disabled by no later than June 30, 2020.
4. If you or your students would like to purchase copies of my books, I'd like to recommend a local independent store or the website bookshop.org, which helps promote independent stores. This is a particularly difficult period for them and their role in our industry is immense.
5. Finally, I would like to follow along and participate. Please connect to me via social media and I will be happy to be part of your "classroom" experience.
Also, I know that the amazing team at Simon & Schuster Ed Library would love to be included.
Thank you for all that you do for your students and to promote a love of books. Stay safe. You are my heroes!